Access Partnership is the world’s preeminent tech policy consultancy: corporates seek our advice on bringing their tech to market, and governments need our advice to regulate tech so that all stakeholders are treated fairly and can benefit from it. We partner with the world’s largest and most innovative organisations in a market that is growing exponentially. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy, economics and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, Abu Dhabi, and Johannesburg—and are growing.
You will work alongside some of industry’s most influential thought leaders and be responsible for delivering client objectives and helping to grow the practice in all regions of the world.
This is an opportunity to use your experience and imagination to drive globally impactful outcomes for European stakeholders. You are excited by the prospect of moving the policy, legislation and regulation faster than governments would do on their own. And you are determined to do this while building more fairness into the European approach to technology.
You are confident about interacting with news-making companies and stakeholders as a matter of course. The issue areas that our clients will rely on you to address are those you read in the headlines (because they are the most pressing of the day): trade, competition, supply chain protection, market access, connectivity cybersecurity, privacy, economic growth and AI.
Your days will involve interacting with clients to provide valuable advice, expertise and strategic support in their efforts to build fair and lasting technology policies in Europe. You will collaborate with some of Europe’s most accomplished technology policy experts. You will represent clients in front of senior officials in national governments, the European Union institutions and multilateral organisations. You will cultivate business relationships by providing high-quality, valuable products as you become an indispensable partner to the most innovative clients on the planet.
What you can expect to be doing
- Organise client meetings with EU institutions, industry and national governments; gather commercial and policy intelligence.
- Draft high-quality memoranda, presentations, and marketing materials on short timelines.
- Develop public policy positions, advocacy strategies, and talking points based on commercial interests.
- Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts in key markets; collaborate with stakeholders on positions in intergovernmental processes.
- Research and analyse policy topics, political trends, processes, and regulations.
- Help drive the business strategy and execute on EU related customer deliverables.
- Conduct managerial and administrative leadership on client accounts.
What you will bring
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of the current EU Commission and Parliament processes.
- Existing relationships with EU officials (e.g. MEPs, European Commission officials)
- Recent experience of political/policy engagement and legislative engagement in the EU.
- Proven ability and experience of developing advocacy strategies and shaping policy in support of clients.
- Good knowledge of technology policy issues and debates, for example: AI, DSA/DMA, data-sharing and online platforms as well as AR/VR/XR, drones, global standards, 5G, and facial recognition.
- Excellent English written skills and ability to draft policy analyses, advocacy collateral, white papers and articles.
- Ability to represent AP at meetings and conferences.
- Second European language (French, German or Spanish)
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.
- 25 days holiday allowance
- Travel to and from office allowance
- Meal Vouchers
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions)
- Personal Individual Learning and Development allowance
- Competitive Bonus scheme