Access Partnership is the world’s preeminent tech policy consultancy: corporates seek our advice on bringing their tech to market, and governments need our advice to regulate tech so that all stakeholders are treated fairly and can benefit from it. We partner with the world’s largest and most innovative organisations in a market that is growing exponentially. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy, economics and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, Abu Dhabi, and Johannesburg—and are growing.
You will work alongside some of industry’s most influential thought leaders and be responsible for delivering client objectives and helping to grow the practice in all regions of the world.
Having recently gained new private equity funding, the business has created a Head of Business Development role to drive the business through a planned stage of strategic growth. You will have the opportunity to shape our global new business offering on both a strategic and operational level, partnering with the executive team to drive sales and revenue growth. You will work across the business to develop scalable initiatives, processes and mentorship, ensuring every activity adds value to our primary growth goal. The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading and growing the new business offering in a public policy, consultancy or professional services space. You will possess a strategic vision coupled with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude, able to lead and inspire others to deliver commercial success of the highest standard. This is a unique opportunity to grow a global new business offering and to stamp your mark on a high-growth global consultancy.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the global executive team to define and execute a global business development strategy, identifying new business opportunities and delivering sales strategies to drive growth
- Develop tailored new business plans for departments and regions and ensure they are implemented operationally, taking a leading role in identifying and securing new sales
- Develop a network of existing and new clients, contacts and referrals to generate income
- Develop a robust scalable new business process, ensuring that commercial goals are replicable across the business, managing the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to closing deals, taking full responsibility for delivery, tracking and reporting on status and progress
- Scale and develop an A-team of sales talent, ensuring people and processes are in place to deliver on our ambitious growth targets
- Provide mentorship and partnership on new business to the leadership and executive team, helping them to leverage their channels, grow revenue and inspiring a culture of commercial success
- Partner with the marketing team to develop campaigns and thought leadership to enhance our reputation and profile with target markets
- Foster an environment of commercial excellence within the company, mentoring consultants to become proficient in business development
What you will bring:
- A strong track record in building and managing a business development function within a consultancy or professional services environment
- A self-starter with a deep knowledge and experience of delivering successful growth in a similar high growth business with the ability to sell disruptive new products and service offerings
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record in delivering income and profitability, creating opportunities, and driving new business development
- A track record of developing and continually enhancing the sales infrastructure necessary to scale
- Proven success in leading a sales team in a high growth fast paced business, driving growth in critical areas and identifying opportunities for expansion
- Extensive experience of working alongside business leadership and teams to leverage their channels and grow revenue
- Highly articulate with a flair for networking; able to convey gravitas with internal and external audiences, customers and partners
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic fast paced environment with the ability to execute with excellence and speed
- Demonstrates an ability to show how solutions deliver ROI against customer goals
- Willing to travel internationally for key customer discussions and networking
Have a wide range of technology policy contacts within blue-chip organisations
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.
- 25 days holiday allowance (excluding bank holidays)
- Group Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions)
- Personal Learning and Development allowance
- Health CashPlan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bonus scheme