Access Partnership is the world’s leading tech policy consultancy. We enable consumer access to technology and lead countries to Fair Tech. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, Abu Dhabi, and Johannesburg—and are growing.
Access Partnership are seeking someone who is looking to develop the next stage in their career as a Senior Manager.
You will help support our clients in the Middle East and North Africa. Based in Abu Dhabi or Riyadh, you will have a deep understanding of the subtleties and motivations of stakeholders in this challenging region and be able to harness them.
You will be responsible for delivering thought leadership and shifting policy on a range of issues across tech and telecoms policy. This includes developing relationships that provide visibility into decision making.
Our diverse, results-oriented public policy practice supports the world’s largest technology firms as well as some of its most promising start-ups. We shape public policy on behalf of these clients across the globe, including across all countries in the League of Arab States.
You will work alongside some of the technology industry’s most influential thought leaders to support the company’s growth and be responsible for delivering client objectives in this fast growing and interesting region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving and Creative Thinking:
- Analyse policy issues, political trends, processes and regulations
- Forecast anticipated business issues and plan contingencies based on current intelligence
- Design analytical, strategic and innovative frameworks for projects
Communication, Persuasion and Interpersonal Skills:
- Carry out public speaking on policy matters as a subject matter expert
- Produce high quality presentations with strong persuasion and influencing skills
Project Management (including Account Management):
- Develop Public Policy positions, advocacy strategies, and supporting content.
- Management of multi-faceted accounts and projects with target, profitability, timescale and quality achievements
Business Planning and Organizing:
- Set priorities and project delivery plans aligned to AP strategy and client requirements
- Support production of team business plans and budgets and reliable forecast fees and sales outcomes
Relationships with Internal and External Stakeholders:
- Manage and grow client accounts by providing strategic insight and leadership
- Act as a senior point of contact and role model to internal and external stakeholders
People Management and Leadership:
- Coach, develop and monitor both team and individual objectives
Business Development and Commercial Awareness:
- Build and maintain network of Government and industry contacts across the region
- Help develop and drive the business strategy for MENA
- Represent clients with national governments, industry groups, multilateral forums
What you will bring
- Extensive and demonstrable relevant professional experience
- Superior communication skills, both oral and in written English and demonstrable experience in working with different cultures
- An understanding of Middle Eastern political processes and cultural dynamics
- Strong analytical skills and creative management of stakeholder relationships
- Ability to develop a business strategy
- Self-motivated and experienced working independently
- Fluency in Arabic
- Bachelor of the Arts or equivalent
- Fluency in French
- Previous experience in consulting, technology policy, or government service
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.