The Department - Multilateral Organisations
The Multilateral Organisations group engages in intergovernmental and industry fora on a global level, representing client interests and effecting change in regulation. Within this group, our technical team provides engineering support for all forms of wireless communications systems, including satellite networks. We perform compatibility studies, regulatory analyses and network coordination, in support of planned and operational networks. We also effect change in regulation and standards, to reflect novel approaches and ensure network innovation is not constrained by outdated rules.
- Analyse compatibility between networks, developing software tools and methods as necessary
- Develop frequency coordination proposals, and participate in negotiations with other networks to reach coordination agreements
- Liaise with clients and senior managers to report progress and review priorities
- Research technical regulations and standards, and develop strategies for effecting change through national, regional and global fora
- Assist and train non-technical staff on spectrum matters
- Undertake competitive intelligence gathering on the telecommunications industry
- Manage resourcing of the team
- Support business development activities.
- Draft ITU satellite filings for new and amended satellite networks
Skills and experience - Essential
- Quantitative background
- Experience in radio systems compatibility analysis
- Experience in satellite frequency management and coordination, as well as ITU filing procedures
- Management experience of technical resources
- Concise presentational style
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
Skills and experience - Desirable
- Fluency in a second language.
- Proficiency in MATLAB software
Access Partnership is the world’s leading tech policy consultancy. We enable consumer access to technology and lead countries to Fair Tech. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, Abu Dhabi, and Johannesburg—and are growing.
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.
- Competitive salary
- 31 day holiday allowance (incl bank holidays)
- Group Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions)
- Personal Learning and Development allowance
- Health CashPlan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme