About Access Partnership and the Fair Tech Institute
Access Partnership is a global company which unlocks markets for technology by driving the discussions of national and regional decision-makers. We work to ensure that stakeholders align with the policies necessary for technology to improve lives and citizen welfare.
The Fair Tech Institute (FTI) is the think tank practice under Access Partnership's Fair Tech Policy Pillar. The FTI develops and provides substantive research that considers the myriad ways where technology, business, government, and good governance intersect. Our vision is to provide strong thought leadership, new ideas, and well-considered approaches to digital opportunities and challenges which our world faces today.
We work with various stakeholders from the public sector, private sector, regional institutions and multilateral non-governmental organisations, academic and educational institutions, and non-profit, providing a thought leadership platform to discuss these topics and themes, ensuring that our research outcomes derive from strong inter-sectoral dialogue and engagement.
About the Analyst Role
The FTI is hiring a research analyst who will be responsible for keeping up to date with technology developments in the Asia Pacific region and providing context and perspectives on what the movements mean for governments and policymakers. Ideal candidates will be able to analyse trends in the technology sector to write and present about these issues clearly and concisely. They will be responsible for research analysis, event management, and the general administration of related projects.
This is an early-career/early-mid career position. You may be interested in this role if you are:
- Interested in keeping up to date with technology policy developments in the Asia Pacific region
- Passionate about providing context and perspectives on what these developments mean for the private sector and businesses, as well as governments, policymakers
- Curious about the developing technology and different applications and impact new technologies would have on business, social lives, culture, environment, politics, inclusion, and other aspects of life
You’d be interested in this role if you’re looking for a job that allows you to:
- Contribute to research publications developed by Access Partnership (see our website to get an idea of both the type of publications AND wide variety of topic areas we cover), which include:
- Monthly reports for countries that summarize updates on a number of topics in the technology sector, including copywriting these intelligence reports
- White papers that analyze key trends within the region
- Provide research assistance on projects including:
- Preparation of proposals for research projects being applied for
- Supporting end-to-end execution of research projects
- Following up on consulting opportunities, developing and writing opinion editorials and short articles etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of research work, including (but not limited to):
- Defining and designing research objectives, methodology, hypothesis, and questionnaires
- Applying a variety of research techniques to gather relevant information, including desktop research, document analysis, surveys, case studies, and interviews
- Analyzing and interpreting qualitative and/or quantitative data
- Exploring how best to communicate and/or visually represent findings for the expected audience(s)
- Manage communication and public-facing events in the context of communicating the research work, which involves:
- Managing events and forums, including assisting with event logistics including securing the event location and inviting speakers
- Rapporteuring for discussions, including developing summaries of discussions and note-taking.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in internet communications, international relations and public policy (with a focus on technology)
- Work or internship experience within a telco or tech firm, or consulting firm focused, or with a research institution focused, or development/aid work
- Knowledge of ICT operations in public and private sectors
- Strategic thinking skills with broad perspective of different issues
(Experienced candidates may be considered for a Manager role)
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.
- 20 days holiday allowance
- Medical & Hospitalisation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Group Life Assurance & Medical Insurance
- CPF Contribution
- Personal Learning and Development allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme