Access Partnership is the world’s leading technology policy consultancy. We enable consumer access to technology and create the policy environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly. We analyse global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for tech companies and consumers, and we identify strategies to mitigate those risks and create advantages for our clients.
Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Washington D.C., Brussels, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, and Johannesburg — and keep growing.
We seek an intellectually curious Candidate with the ability to influence the direction of the technology sector in the face of ongoing change.
About the role
The Asia Cloud Computing Association (ACCA) is the apex industry association that represents stakeholders of the cloud computing ecosystem in Asia. Founded in 2010, the ACCA’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of cloud computing throughout Asia Pacific. The ACCA is a not-for-profit organisation comprising members of the cloud computing and data ecosystem, including cloud service providers (CSPs), cloud users, system integrators, and all other companies and organisations who consider themselves part of the data economy. Access Partnership is the company secretary for ACCA as well as fulfils the Executive Director role given our unique industry placement.
There are two primary roles embodied in the Executive Director; including but not limited to playing (1) an industry thought leader role, as well as (2) an ACCA advocate for cloud role, where you represent the ACCA’s positions to the various stakeholders such as governments, the general public, as well as to other industry discussion platforms.
- (1) Industry thought leader role – where you are the front face of the association (in partnership with the ACCA Exco and Board) at industry events. You should be a dynamic presenter, developing and archiving presentation decks for members, as well as developing industry contacts and new industry contacts, detailed as to their impact on the ACCA. You should be prepared to engage with local and regional associations and other stakeholders, and provide information from these forums and discussions back to ACCA members. You are also expected to use these platforms to generate and/or develop new and relevant ideas to the Association and its Working Groups, and/or new member value or business ideas.
- (2) Cloud advocacy role on behalf of the ACCA – you should be able to represent the ACCA’s position to different stakeholders, succinctly summarising and passionately representing the ACCA’s position on current policy issues, which may be in the form of organizing member delegation meetings with local governments, position statements, presentations to public policy makers and industry regulators, as well as other industry bodies, chambers of commerce, or specific local agencies/industry bodies.
What you will bring
- Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably but not necessarily in public policy, government, tech industry, research consulting etc.
- Experience in regulatory compliance and market access
- Strong understanding of telecommunications and technology policies
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrable account management experience
- Excellent leadership and inter-personal skills
- Ability to formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner and provide recommendations to clients the most effective way forward
- Track record of successful sales and business development experience
- 20 days of holiday allowance (excluding public holidays)
- Medical & Hospitalisation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Group Life Assurance & Medical Insurance
- CPF Contribution
- Personal Learning and Development allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme