Access Partnership is the world’s leading tech policy consultancy. We enable consumer access to technology and lead countries to Fair Tech. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, Abu Dhabi, and Johannesburg—and are growing.
We are seeking an intellectually curious and articulate individual interested in exposure to the 'world's leading information and communications technology (ICT) companies and to the policymakers forming the legal and political landscape of the technology sector. We support our 'clients' business and public policy interests on the cutting edge of technology decision-making worldwide. Given the fast pace, constant evolution, and high-profile political focus on technology policy, we seek dynamic, flexible, intelligent individuals ready to address new challenges.
If you are keen to shape tech policy in the region, research and analyse current issues affecting the digital economy and enjoy interacting with different stakeholders, we want to hear from you
What you can expect to be doing
- Research and analyse domestic and international policy topics, political trends, processes, and regulations across all information technology and telecommunications policy in the following markets: Indonesia, Japan, Korea & Thailand as well as other countries you may be assigned
- Provide ongoing tracking and documenting of policy developments across multiple markets.
- Assist in developing office resources (marketing content, one-pagers, etc.) to backstop client engagement, including policy and business issues.
- Develop marketing and business development material
- Support research of telecommunications licensing requirements and manage licensing projects.
- Provide back-up administrative support.
What you will bring
- 'Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International Relations, Economics or Marketing
- Business or Native Fluency in Asian Languages essential due to external client-facing engagements
- A genuine interest in technology policy, interest in international trade, politics, business, and market trends.
- Demonstrated research abilities. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- IT literacy – at least intermediate level Microsoft office and other publishing platforms.
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly and be self-sufficient.
- Well organized, highly motivated, and proactive in finding ways to get things done and meet professional goals
- Flexibility to handle multiple requests, sometimes changing priority mid-stream.
- A self-starter with effective time management skills.
- Graduate degree or candidacy for a graduate degree.
- Previous consultancy and/or technology policy experience.
The internship is ideally based in Singapore, but can be performed remotely. This is an opportunity for growth and development, and the position includes remuneration on an hourly basis. The internship would be for an initial term of three months. We are open to flexible schedules but would prefer a candidate who is available in the office at least 20 hours per week.
Please also include an example of your best work that shows why you're right for the job. This could take many forms, including your published writing or piece of analysis, a news article describing something you did, or academic work that illustrates your skills.
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues. Your role may be convertible depending on your performance.