Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create an environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnerships is seeking an intellectually curious candidate with proven technical management capabilities, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to formulate and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner. The selected candidate will have a strong interest in satellite engineering, and will be responsible for managing relationships with some of the largest ICT companies in the world.
The Department - Multilateral Organisations
The Multilateral Organisations group engages in intergovernmental and industry fora on a global level, representing client interests and effecting change in regulation. Within this group, our technical team provides engineering support for all forms of communications systems, including satellite networks. We perform compatibility studies, regulatory analyses and network coordination, in support of planned and operational networks. We also effect change in regulation and standards, to reflect novel approaches and ensure network innovation is not constrained by outdated rules.
- Manage regulatory assets for satellite networks, ensuring their long-term security and development
- Develop and train team to formulate coordination proposals, and devise strategies for obtaining favourable coordination agreements
- Lead frequency coordination negotiations
- Liaise with clients, national regulatory authorities and company management team
- Research satellite regulations and standards, and develop strategies for effecting change through national, regional and global fora
- Undertake competitive intelligence gathering on the satellite industry
- Identify and develop new business development opportunities
Skills and experience - Essential
- Strong quantitative background
- At least five years experience in satellite frequency management, coordination, and ITU filing procedures
- Experience of managing technical resources
- Concise presentational style
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
Skills and experience - Desirable
- Fluency in a second language.
- Proficiency in Matlab
The job is based in London and requires periodic international travel.